top of page

A 17-page Exploratory Course, “Animal Awareness from A-Z!” by Chris Clementi

For Grades 6th-9th

 

Children will explore the question 'Can Animal Awareness Lead to Preservation?.' The course includes video instruction and support materials.

 

According to World Atlas, scientists have managed to document 14% of living species. They speculate that the remaining 86% of species that exist have not been discovered. Researchers have been able to document 1.2 million species, yet they estimate Earth has approximately 8.7 million species. According to the article, it is difficult to estimate the exact number of species on the Earth because the rate of extinction has significantly increased over time. According to Science.org, 500 species of land-living vertebrates have disappeared in the past century. The article continues to claim that such losses would have taken 10,000 years to pass naturally. As human activities accelerate, they predict an additional 500 more vertebrate species could become extinct in the next 2 decades.

 

If humans are aware of what causes animals to become extinct, they are in a better position to make changes that can positively impact the sustainability of these amazing creatures. This lesson will provide students with an awareness of the vast number of amazing species in the world through exploration and research. There will be a variety of activities that will give students a greater appreciation for our unique Planet and its inhabitants and give them a greater understanding of what needs to be done in order to protect them from extinction.

Bio:
I am the founder of Kidsnetsoft. My background is in education and educational software design. I spend most of my time on the computer, learning, creating websites, videos and lessons. I thoroughly enjoy creating curriculum that integrates technology in education.

You can see my online portfolio, which has several examples of my work and student work. I retired from my middle school computer design teaching position in 2022. During my teaching career, I presented frequently at technology conferences and the Global Summits featuring Google for Education in Colorado. I was fortunate to be trained as a Google Certified Innovator in 2009. I thoroughly enjoy learning and creating curriculum for students.

Learn more at Kidsnetsoft.com.
 

Animal Awareness from A-Z

$18.00